.

Ruth & Sergio | Motorbike Engagement Shoot - 26th May 2012

I must admit when Ruth first contacted me to say she wanted an engagement shoot on motor bikes around London and that I would be riding on the back of one to take pictures of her and fiance Sergio I was slightly terrified, but how could I not do it, I'd never been on a motorcycle before and with my biggest fear being getting my head stuck in the helmet, I was actually really excited and couldn't wait till the day. The two of them got engaged just before Christmas and busy planning their wedding in Portugal, with only a few months to go, Ruth asked if I would be her photographer.. Go to Portugal ad photograph a stunning couple.. who could say no. 

'I was born and raised in Germany and have lived in London for the past 13 years. I am 35 and work as a graphic designer in Clerkenwell. My fiance Sergio, is Portuguese and has lived in England on and off for about 8 years. He is 27 years old and works as a Front of House manager at the Hoxton Hotel. We are both motorbike mad, using them for our daily commute in London but also for fun, such as touring Europe.'

Luckily the days leading up to the shoot had been blissfully hot and I woke up to a glorious sunny day, we meet at the bottom of Tower Bridge, I was greeted by hug smiles and a huge hug from Ruth, I knew I would love the two of them from that moment on. They were both just so much fun, dead cool and so totally and utterly in love! Calling each other munchkin was just the cutest and most adorable thing in the world! We took some shots around Tower Hill, before Rob from Taxibikes arrived, Rob was also just so lovely and made getting on the back of his back the easiest thing in the world. 

Before long we were shooting off around London on the Taxi bike, following Ruth and Sergio around Tower Hill, Canary Wharf and Greenwich, it was exhilarating and so much fun! Rob chatted to me the whole time and it was lovely hearing how much he loved hi job taxing people on the motorbike. I was on the bike and hour and it flew by, it was a truly amazing experience and was surprised at how easy it actually was to take photos of Sergio and Ruth from the back.

We then did some shots in Greenwich Park, how cute are the little signs Ruth made.. 'We Love Rock N Roll Bride' "Catwalk Wedding Rocks' and 'Thank You' along with the signs on the back of their bikes 'Just Engaged' LOVED IT!! I truly cant wait for their special day in Portugal and spend more time with the two of them.
































































































































0 comments :

Post a Comment