.

Steven & Natalie | Royal Shindig Wedding - 29th April 2011

I met Steven around a year ago when we both entered the Beefeater 24 Gin competition, on the awards night when all our images where displayed on the walls we started chatting and he told me that if my image didn't win then the competition was a fix, which was the sweetest thing to say especially as he was in the running as well. I ended up as a runner up, so maybe it was a fix, but at least I got to meet Steven, who really is the sweetest, most lovely guy.




When he told me he was getting married and that he wanted me as his photographer, I felt very honoured that he would choose me and of course a little nervous, shooting another photographers wedding. He also let me know that his wedding date was the same as prince William and Kate Middleton! Of course they had stolen Steven and Natalies limelight as they had booked their date after them, but it was funny that their invites, even before they knew about the prince's date had cartoons of Natalie and Steven as Princess Natu and King Jones.

The day of the wedding I went to see the Royal wedding at Trafalgar square in the morning, leaving plenty of time to get to Steven's wedding, it was a very surreal feeling to be going to two weddings in one day, but how could I miss the future kings wedding day, something truly to tell the grandkids (of course who actually listens to their grandma going on about what they did when they were younger anyway) but anyway the spirit of London was magical, people with huge smiles on their faces and a sea of British flags, it felt very patriotic indeed.

Before the end of the ceremony I started to make my way to Waterloo, to make sure I didn't miss Steven and Natalies wedding, I passed a wonderful street party on my way and stopped for a glass of pimms.

Before long I was in Putney at the Putney Methodist church waiting for Steven to turn up and that he did in style, on the back of his BMX bike, which had ribbons stretched out in front. Waiting at the church, bag pipers played and the guests slowly started to arrive, all dressed beautifully vintage and all so fashionable. Soon Steven was heading inside and Natalie arriving on a wonderful bright red old London route master bus. After the ceremony we drove through London to the sound of bag pipers playing and cheers roared as we drove over the Putney bridge by passers by.

The reception venue Fulham palace was beautiful, it had been decorated with pretty blue flowers and bunting and everyone laughed at first sight of the 'Royal Wedding Cake' which featured icing photos of Natalie and Steven as Prince and Princess William and Kate but with goofy teeth. There was a royal wedding them through the wedding like commemorative mugs with Steven and Natalie's photos on. When we cane to do some couple shots in the beautiful grounds of the palace, we played on the princess and prince theme, with Natalie doing her curtsey and Steven a bow.

A wonderful day, thank you for letting me photograph your Great British wedding! I wish the princess and prince a long life of happiness and love xx








































































































3 comments :

nunila said...

love the photos !!

sally said...

What gorgeous people!

Anonymous said...

The most beautiful wedding I've seen in my life. Captured perfectly. Stunning.

Post a Comment