.

Lucy & Tim | Halloween Wedding - 31st October 2013


I have known Lucy for over 5 years, we worked together for a long time at a family portrait studio, I was a photographer and she did retouching and framing. Out of everyone there I got on the most with her, we just clicked with our love of the strange, horror and anything quirky and weird. I also roped Lucy into many model shoots as I had just started taking photos of models and so we did some shoots, messing round with makeup and crazy ideas. We even did a secret shoot in the studio we worked in late at night at the abandoned bank at the back.. imagine our shock when the cleaner decided to come in to do cleaning duties when we thought no one would be there, running up in our bras and knickers as we thought we were being robbed.

I was ecstatic that Lucy choose me to take photos at her wedding, I was there for the first weeks of hers and Tims relationship and Lucy came to my wedding 4 years ago. I knew that their wedding wouldn't be a normal affair, Tim sharing her love of horror, they choose to have their wedding on Halloween and as my favourite day of the year, I absolutely well and truly couldn't wait for the day to arrive.

I meet Lucy at her house, her wonderful bridesmaids Faye and Karen were having their makeup done by the amazing Elbie, Lucy looked so stunning, after she got into her dress I took some photos on the spiral staircase, I grabbed a horse head to have in the photo and in true Lucy fashion she put it up as her own head. 

Watching Lucy and Tim get married brought tears to my eyes, had to fight them back so I could stay taking the photos. Lucy lost her parents a couple of years ago and every time I thought about it, it made me so sad they couldn't see their beautiful daughter get married to Tim. They would be so proud as she looked stunning. I know they would be looking down and in her heart all day. Tears went away the moment Lucy and Tim tied the knot with haribo rings and everyone laughed.

The reception was so much fun, in a pub in Epsom, Lucy and Tim had decorated it in Halloween decorations and Tim who is a graphic designer had designed various horror film posters with their faces and clever text to make them their own. They also had a photo booth and a caricaturist, a candy skull wedding cake, which Lucy cake smashed into Tims face on cutting it and trick or treat favours.

It was such a wonderful day and I feel very blessed to have been there to see my great friend get married. Love you both xxx








 









 















































































































1 comments :

Alex Kilbee said...

Hi Rebecca.

Just popped in to wish you a great 2014.
Saw these halloween images and it reminded me of an image I photographed a few years ago that fits right into the halloween theme - thought you might get a kick out of it.

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/10/halloween-wedding-photos
It's the third image down of the ghostly groom..

Have a good 2014.
Alex

Post a Comment